Ben is joined by Tom Stuart to talk about incorporating computer science topics into Ruby, his process of preparing talks, enriching your development career with a bit of computer science knowledge, and gushing about how amazing computers truly are.
This episode of Giant Robots is sponsored by:
- Digital Ocean: Simple and fast cloud hosting, built for developers. Use the code
GiantRobotsfor a $10 credit towards your new account.
Links & Show Notes
- Refactoring Ruby With Monads
- A Lever for the Mind
- The Elements of Computing Systems (From NAND to Tetris)
- "Doing the hard work to make it bearable"- Russell Davies
- To the Moon!-Russ Olsen
- Ben, transcribed & annotated
- Understanding Computation- Tom Stuart
- How to Write a Web Application in Ruby
- London Ruby User Group
- Tom on Twitter